Administration of Symantec Backup Exec 2014
Free Questions in OTE format
Notification about new Symantec 250-318 files
Subscribe to Symantec 250-318 dump here, you will be informed about new OTE files.
About Symantec 250-318 dump
The certified end user will demonstrate an understanding of the installation, configuration, and administration of Symantec Backup Exec 2014. The SCS Backup Exec 2014 administrator with this knowledge will be better prepared to proactively manage the Backup Exec operations in the environment in which it is installed.
- Symantec Backup Exec 2014 Architecture, Installation, and Concepts
- Describe the components, features, and architecture of Symantec Backup Exec 2014.
- Describe the requirements and procedure for licensing, installing, updating, and upgrading Symantec Backup Exec 2014 and Symantec Backup Exec 2014 agents/options.
- Describe how to configure preferences and global settings in Symantec Backup Exec 2014 and analyze the effects of the settings.
- Describe how to configure job defaults for different storage device types.
- Managing Devices, Media, and Backup Exec Servers
- Describe how to configure and manage Symantec Backup Exec 2014 devices, device drivers, and storage pools.
- Describe how to manage backup sets and media rotation with media sets.
- Explain how to perform device and media operations and storage operation jobs.
- Describe media catalog concepts, functionality, and implementation.
- Describe how to manage backup sets using Data Lifecycle Management (DLM).
- Describe how to enable data encryption and manage the keys.
- Protecting Data
- Describe the backup methods, settings, logon accounts, stages, and schedules supported by Symantec Backup Exec 2014.
- Describe the procedures and purposes for creating mixed backup jobs.
- Describe the procedures and purposes for managing multi-server backup jobs.
- Describe how to protect computers using Simplified Disaster Recovery and convert to virtual options in Symantec Backup Exec 2014.
- Restoring Data
- Describe different restore methods and the options available to restore data from backups.
- Describe how media catalogs are used in restore operations.
- Describe how to recover systems using Simplified Disaster Recovery (SDR) or traditional backups.
- Given a scenario, describe how to restore data from multiple backup sets.
- Maintenance Tasks (Monitoring, Troubleshooting, Performance Tuning, and Database Management)
- Describe how to monitor Symantec Backup Exec 2014 activity using the Job Monitor and other views.
- Describe how to manage Backup Exec 2014 alerts, error-handling rules, patch management, and notifications.
- Describe the function and maintenance of the Symantec Backup Exec 2014 database.
- Given a scenario, describe basic tuning processes to improve Symantec Backup Exec 2014 performance.
- Describe how to troubleshoot Symantec Backup Exec 2014 using the available tools.
- Backup Exec Agents and Advanced User Options
- Describe the function, uses, and administration of the NDMP (Network Data Management Protocol), and Deduplication options as well as the Backup Exec Command Line Interface.
- Describe how to protect remote servers using the appropriate Agent for Windows/Linux.
- Describe the general function of Symantec Backup Exec 2014 database agents and virtualization agents.
- Describe procedures for performing GRT-enabled backups, delayed cataloging and individual item restores.
- Describe how to configure the components of Symantec Backup Exec 2014 Enterprise Server Option (ESO).